Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quandary

The Key to My Heart project is nearly finished but I'm not sure that I'm satisfied with the way it's turned out. I added the last touch to it last night and it's had all night and day to cure. It just doesn't seem secure and I'm afraid that it will come apart with very little handling. After this newest round of glue and another night of curing, I'll take pictures tomorrow to show the potential problem with the piece. In the meantime, I'll be thinking of other ways to secure it. I've already considered grouting it but I'm thinking that maybe I should've used thinset to start with. One of things that makes you go "hmm..." 

Regardless, I'll have to figure something out because the more I think about it, the less content I am with it. I've learned very quickly if you're not happy with something - do it over. If you don't, you'll pick it to pieces in your head and kick yourself for not doing it "right." 

Excuse me, there's something I need to go do...

No comments:

Post a Comment