Sunday, February 1, 2009

Isn't She a Doll?

I discovered RogueDolls by Picara amid the picture pool for The Secret Life of Toys at Flickr. I'm a total noob when it comes to Picara and her work but I'm willing to learn. Picara creates her one of a kind RogueDolls from Blythe dolls that she customizes by hand. I know very little of how she does the work but she carves, sands, paints, weaves and dresses these little masterpieces in the most fascinating ways. I could sing praises about her creativity for hours but I'm just going to post some pictures and a couple of links and let you discover how wonderful she is all by yourself.

These photos are from the last doll she sold via eBay. SteamPunk Girl was awesome and I'd love one for myself just so I sould admire her work whenever I wished. Alas, Picara is too rich for my blood. Some day, though...

I do hope that you enjoy Picara and her RogueDolls as much as I do.



2 comments:

  1. Now that's a cool doll.

    FYI found your blog through The List of the Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Picara hand makes the most amazing creations. Glad you liked her. She makes *me* smile.

    ReplyDelete